30-40 hours/week locally
Assignment Dates: April 15 – August 16, 2024
As we launch the 2024 season and support all Group Mission Trips experiences, this intern will help fulfill whatever tasks are needed to ensure camps are ready. This intern will work approximately 30 hours per week in the office and/or the warehouse, with the possibility of additional hours in the peak summer season. This person will work with our project management, staffing, registration, logistics, and other teams across the organization.
- Self-motivated. Have a strong work ethic, the ability to take direction, and show initiative.
- Detail oriented. Have incredible organizational skills, and focus on the details.
- Computer proficiency. In Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and the ability to learn and use online project management software, team chat software, and communication tools.
- Outgoing and customer service oriented with comfortability speaking with vendors via phone calls and emails, placing orders, and scheduling deliveries.
- Willingness to learn and serve. Helping with any task needed from important phone calls with our partners, to sorting items in our warehouse.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Education and Experience Requirements
Minimum of 2 years (4 semesters) of college coursework and/or work experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Christian ministry
- Project management
- Communication or sales
- Business management
- Non-profit management
Responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee GMT warehouse program supplies inventory and purchasing, including:
- Check existing and order new sound and technical equipment
- Inventory GMT staging warehouse for all summer staff crews
- Fulfill camp store orders
- Resource summer staff crews with all needed warehouse supplies
- Assist with staff warehouse load out and load in
- Assist the project management team, including:
- Develop relationships with all aspects of Workcamps including cosponsors, site writers, setup directors, and lodging facility contacts
- Create clear and concise communication with all partners, internal and external
- Maintain the ongoing camp processes of staff setup boxes, camp food orders and deliveries, work descriptions, and manage lodging and vendor reimbursements
- Assist with staff training preparation and logistics
- Provide additional assistance to all teams as needed