To Provide The Best Experience, All Trip Participants Agree To The Following:
- I will respect the spiritual growth and work goals of the mission trip and participate in all scheduled activities, which are designed to make the most of my mission experience.
- I will not act or behave in a way that creates significant distractions or disruptions to other participants or staff.
- I will respect others’ privacy by not entering into areas of the lodging facility that are assigned to females if I am a male or areas assigned to males if I am a female. I will also follow the designated adult and youth-only shower times.
- I will dress and behave modestly to show respect for the community, its people and the other participants.
- I will respect the local community and those we live with for the mission trip by not damaging the lodging facility or other property.
- I will respect those around me by not using obscene or abusive language or engaging in reckless behavior that could cause harm to others or myself.
- To help the mission trip time be focused on interacting with God and others, I will not bring electronic video devices, computers, or toy guns. I understand there is no security for valuables.
- In order to build relationships with participants and residents at the mission trip, I will not use my cell phone or iPod, etc. on work sites or during worship programs.
- For my safety, I will not leave the lodging facility or project sites without an adult if I am under 21.
- I will not change room assignments, so my location will be known if I need to be contacted in an emergency.
- To respect other participants and so all can get the rest needed, I will respect the scheduled lights-out time.
- I will not have in my possession or use fireworks, firearms, illegal drugs, or alcohol. I will obey all the laws of the community and state in which I am serving. I know that illegal activity will not be tolerated and that local police will be called if necessary.
- I will respect and follow directives of my adult leaders, other adult participants, and GMT staff.
- To respect others, I will not use tobacco, e-cigarettes, or vape pens in vehicles, at the project site, at the lodging facility, or in neighboring residents’ yards. I understand it is illegal to use tobacco on most school grounds.
- I will respect others by avoiding inappropriate sexual activity. I will not engage in sexual misconduct, which can include inappropriate comments, gestures, or physical contact.
- I will follow all the mission trip rules that youth are expected to follow above.
- I understand the mission trip is an adventure in which we occupy a local school, church, or similar facility and may sleep on floors. Some services may be limited or nonexistent, such as non-emergency phones, private showers, hot water, or secure places to hold valuables. I will not bring valuables that cannot be stored in my vehicle.
- I will be alert to potential safety risks and take action to prevent injury to other participants and to myself.
- I will respectfully correct any inappropriate actions of any participant, even if he/she is not part of my group.
- I will show respect to participants from all churches. I will act as a positive role model.
- I will not ridicule, humiliate, or engage in any inappropriate behavior with youth. I will be an encourager of youth, particularly in my crew during the mission trip.
- I will support GMT staff by encouraging my participants to follow the Code of Conduct, schedule, and processes.
It is out of respect for God, ourselves, and others that we abide by these rules. If you violate these rules, you may be denied the privilege of participating in the mission trip.
You may be asked to leave (without reimbursement of expenses or registration) at the request of your youth leader or GMT staff.
Your signature, or your parent’s signature, on the participant info form verifies that you have read, understand, and agree to this Code of Conduct.