As you may know, our youth group is planning a mission trip this summer. I have chosen to go with an organization with decades of experience in leading youth to serve Jesus all across the country. Group Mission Trips provides a great way, in a safe environment, for your child to gain skills they will use as adults
- Leadership – Your child will be assigned to a supervised crew of 6 where they will fulfill 1 of 6 specific roles and work together to complete a service project or repair a home for a resident.
- Teamwork – Your child will come together with other youth from different states and backgrounds, working as a crew to accomplish a goal that is bigger than each of them individually. They will make a lasting impact by providing a source of hope to those they serve.
- Problem Solving – Your child will work with 4 other youth and 1 adult to transform a home or serve a local agency where they may come up against obstacles, such as miscommunication or difficult people. Every year crews find creative and clever solutions to accomplish their tasks.
- Confidence – Your child will learn they can work with many different people to serve and accomplish huge tasks on their own. Many often arrive thinking they do not have the necessary skills or cannot do this without parental assistance, and leave knowing they can positively influence and change lives.
- Compassion – Your child will work with people from different walks of life which may be different than those they come into contact with at home. This gives teens a great perspective – the reward is as lasting for them as it is meaningful to those they serve.
- Spiritual Growth – Your child will attend morning and evening interactive programs that guide their faith in Jesus to become more powerful and real. There will also be devotions during lunch and opportunities to discuss all they are experiencing with our youth group in the evening. This year’s theme is Forged. Each day your teenager will explore how God forges our faith. Through each powerful, transformational mission trip experience, the group will see how God wants us to know we’re justified through faith and given access to his perfect peace and grace (Romans 5:1-4).
Students who have attended Group Mission Trips have said they grew closer to God, grew closer to people in their youth group, and that they wanted to serve on another trip! Parents have seen their kids come home excited, positively impacted by their service experience, and committed to continuing their spiritual journey with Jesus.
Please encourage your child to attend our youth group’s Group Mission Trip. Since the early 1990’s, over 517,000 teenagers and their adult leaders have experienced serving others with Group Mission Trips all across America and internationally. It is a life-changing opportunity that your child will talk about for weeks, months, and even years to come. If you want to find out more about Group Mission Trips, please visit them here: GroupMissionTrips.com
P.S. Your support is crucial in getting your kids on this life-changing trip! Thank you for encouraging them to put their faith in action. You are sure to find it to be an excellent investment.