Have this short meeting to remind your group about the trip and keep the excitement up! This touch base is strategically short to give you the option to combine this meeting with a larger event like a fundraiser or the “Ready to Serve Event” (titled Pre-trip Meeting/Event). The “Ready to Serve Event” requires additional preparation, so read through it to see how it works and what you’ll need to do to prepare for it.
BEFORE THE MEETING
- Have your customer account up online to help field any questions.
- If you have decided to do the “Ready to Serve Event”, be ready to let everyone know when and where.
- Consider playing the Youth Expectations video to get your group re-oriented to what they’ll experience this summer.
Say: Welcome! This is just a quick touch-base to make sure we are on track for our mission trip to _________ this summer. Remember, we have this trip planned for __________. It’s important and people are counting on us so make it a priority! Mark your calendars to be certain you have the dates saved.
Give an update on how your group is doing financially and what upcoming fundraisers you have.
YOUR CUSTOMER ACCOUNT
- Personal “Go Serve” devotions will be available in the spring- they’re designed to prepare the hearts of your participants for service and growth!
- Give updates on any changes you’ve had to the itinerary, trip participants, etc. Give an update on your community gift donations as well.
READY TO SERVE DAY?
- If you decided to do it, tell your group about the “Ready to Serve Event”- it’s a real day of service for your group to practice serving in crews and meeting a real need. Discuss ideas of who you might serve and when.
- Answer any questions and let them know when and where you’ll meet again.
- Close in prayer.