(All meals are subject to change at any time)
- Participants will have one or more of the following options:
Waffles, sausage, English muffins, eggs, cheese, biscuits and gravy, bacon
Accompaniments (each day): Cereal, yogurt, toast, peanut butter, fruit, oatmeal, milk, coffee and juice
Please note: Friday morning will be a continental breakfast.
Lunches are picnic style and at the worksites. There will be: Sliced ham or turkey for sandwiches, wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, chips, a fruit or vegetable and a treat like a granola bar or cookie. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be available each day too.
Beverages on the work site:
- Participants will need to fill their water bottles that they brought with them before they leave the lodging facility each day
- Each crew will bring a full 5-gallon water container with them to the project site to refill their own bottles
Monday: Pasta, marinara and alfredo sauce, vegetable, dinner rolls, and dessert
Tuesday: DINNER ON YOUR OWN
Wednesday: Pulled pork, mac and cheese, vegetable, and dessert
Thursday: Taco bar with flour tortillas, taco shells, tortilla chips, ground beef, black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, sour cream, salsa, and dessert
Salad bar (every night except Thursday): Featuring mixed green, carrots, hard boiled eggs, black beans, croutons, sliced turkey or ham, and Ranch and Italian dressing; available every night
Beverages: Lemonade or fruit punch will be available
Dessert items may include: Ice cream cups, ice cream sandwiches, or strawberry shortcake
If you have a participant that has to eat gluten-free–please let us know. We can have a few gluten-free options at camp, but we need to know in advance.
Please note that we do have peanut butter on our menu.
Group Mission Trips understands there are many people with dietary restrictions and food allergies. We want our staff and participants to work together to provide a safe environment for anyone with food restrictions.
- If a participant has a food allergy or restriction, their Trip Leader should ensure they’ve seen Group Mission Trips’ Sample Menu. They can see what will be served each day and decide what supplement meals/snack items they’ll need to bring.
- If a participant must eat gluten-free, please let Group Mission Trips know either by calling or via the online Dashboard prior to camp.
- If a participant needs to bring supplement meals or snacks to accompany the Group Mission Trips’ menu, there cannot be a reduction in registration fees since Group Mission Trips purchases food in bulk. Camp staff will assist by providing space for additional food in the kitchen or in another designated storage area.
- If the food allergy is severe, the Youth Leader should notify Group Mission Trips either by calling or via the online Dashboard prior to camp. Depending on the severity, the participant may need to be assigned to a crew with another person from their own group who understands their food restrictions. The participant should inform the rest of their crew about their food restrictions too, should an emergency arise.
- Participants need to bring any medication they need (ie EpiPens).
- Participants may want to bring their own small cooler to keep their lunch separate from the others on their crew.
- GMT staff will be able to provide ingredient information prior to each meal at camp. There will be signs posted in the cafeteria each day at camp that list vegetarian options, please also see the next page for those.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 844.258.9616.
We have listed here some possible options from our menu that may work for you. Anything marked (*) may contain meat additives so please check with staff when you get to camp.
Wheat toast and biscuits
Butter, jelly, peanut butter
Juice, coffee, tea
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, mustard
- Fruit or veggie options
- A variety of treats (like granola bar or cookie)
Salad bar each night except Wed: Mixed greens, carrots, hard boiled eggs, black beans, croutons, dressing (Ranch and Italian)
Peanut butter and jelly available each night
Sunday: Cheese or veggie pizza
Monday: Pasta, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, side vegetable, and dessert
Tuesday: Dinner on your own
Wednesday: Macaroni and cheese, vegetables, and dessert
Thursday: Flour tortillas, taco shells, tortilla chips, salsa, diced tomatoes, onions, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, black beans*, and dessert
Beverages: Lemonade or fruit punch